Free Forum: Grease Junkies car club
Welcome to the Grease Junkies forum.
If you wish to view the forum content, please log in. Sign up today if you do not have an account.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 59 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:32 pm

Cleaning your car tips from our members

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cleaning your car tips from our members

Post by MissLeighMcKay on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:02 am

Happy St. George's Day everyone! king

It's now show season so many of your will start to clean up your cars and making them look pretty. So I am asking all our members to post up tutorials on how to clean cars.

Some of you may be thinking, "but everyone knows how to clean a car!" But have you thought that some people don't know how to clean it properly. Whether it's the outside or the inside, how to get swirl marks out of paintwork, how to get stains and marks out of upholstery or how to make your car smell like roses (or something that won't make you sneeze).

Post up your tutorials below and we will pick up the top 5 tutorials!

GO!!!!!!
MissLeighMcKay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Cleaning your car tips from our members

Post by Dim Sum on Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:11 pm

This is for the people who want there car to be swirl free has much as possible and reduce the chance of causing it, when washing there cars.

The first thing you will need to do is make a small investment in some products that will enable you to perform the best wash possible.

It is essential that you use two buckets when washing your car. This is called the “two-bucket wash method”. Just think for a moment how most people wash a car (assuming they are not already using the two-bucket method). Most likely they get a single bucket, put car shampoo in it, fill it with water, get a rag, spray their car down, and start washing – repeatedly putting the rag into the wash bucket, rinsing it out and getting more suds.

Using a single bucket implies putting a rag into dirty water and using that dirty water/soap mixture to wash…slowly but surely imparting scratches in the paint. An easy and effective fix to this is simply to use two buckets. One bucket for water only (a rinse bucket) and the other bucket for a soap/water mixture (a wash bucket). Go ahead, get two buckets, label them ‘Rinse’ and ‘Wash’ with a marker and you are good to go.

It is also essential to invest in a nice wash mitt. A genuine sheep skin wash mitt is highly recommended and for the past few years this is all I have used. There are a multitude of wash mitts on the market and some of these are viable alternatives to sheep skin. You can buy this Halfords, Euro car parts and any other detailing stores.

Another essential item is a nice, high quality drying towel. I highly recommend a ‘waffle weave microfiber towel’ as they are designed to absorb a lot of water and will not scratch the paint surface. There are also many different types of drying towels out there and prices ranges quite a bit.

I would say this is the basic of washing your pride and enjoy and welcome to the world of car detailing
Very Happy From here the world of detailing can be a expensive and endless money pit lol. I lost count on the amount of car wax I have. Happy washing
Dim Sum

Back to top Go down

Post by MissLeighMcKay on Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:25 pm

Great write up "@Dim Sum". I need to adopt this method but I am very careful when it comes to cloths and cleaning products.
MissLeighMcKay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dim Sum on Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:32 pm

@MissLeighMcKay wrote:Great write up "@Dim Sum". I need to adopt this method but I am very careful when it comes to cloths and cleaning products.

Sounds like myself Razz

If you buy the DODO juice soft touch you wont go wrong. It's that soft you would want to put a baby on it. It is a little bit expensive, if I remembered correctly they are about £15.00 for one. But all depends how how much you want to spend on a drying towel.

Another tip when you dry the car, rather than dragging the drying towel and wiping off the water marks. If you have the time and patience, try pat drying the car and before you do fold the towel to a square.
Dim Sum

Back to top Go down

Post by MissLeighMcKay on Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:38 pm

@Dim Sum wrote:Sounds like myself Razz

If you buy the DODO juice soft touch you wont go wrong. It's that soft you would want to put a baby on it. It is a little bit expensive, if I remembered correctly they are about £15.00 for one. But all depends how how much you want to spend on a drying towel.

Another tip when you dry the car, rather than dragging the drying towel and wiping off the water marks. If you have the time and patience, try pat drying the car and before you do fold the towel to  a square.

Currently, I am using AutoGlym's drying towels and they weren't that cheap either (I have 3). http://www.autoglym.com/products/products/hi-tech-microfibre-drying-towel

But I will take into consideration about pat drying it.
MissLeighMcKay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top